At Sonos, we want you to be able to listen to all the music on earth, in any room you want, and in any configuration that suits your needs. So when you asked for the ability to pair two PLAY:5s in order to use them as separate left and right channels, we listened. And when we built the PLAY:3, we included this capability from the start.
Both the PLAY:5 and the PLAY:3 have a feature called Stereo Pair Mode. This means that you can take two PLAY:3s or two PLAY:5s and combine to achieve excellent stereo separation between the left and right channels. To activate Stereo Pair, follow the simple steps below.
A note before we begin: you can pair either two PLAY:3 or two PLAY:5—they’re not interchangeable in this mode. For simplicity’s sake, we use PLAY:3s in the example below. Follow the same steps to pair two PLAY:5s.
- Make sure both players are powered on and connected to your Sonos System.
- Using a Sonos Controller–we used the free iPad app in this example–navigate to the ZonePlayer Settings and select one of the PLAY:3s you wish to pair.
- Select “Create Stereo Pair.” For desktop controllers, first select Settings, then Stereo Pair.
- Select the second PLAY:3 you wish to pair.
- Following the prompts, press the Mute button on the PLAY:3 you would like to designate as the left speaker.
- Congratulations! Your PLAY:3s are now set up in Stereo Pair Mode.
Simple as that! Now that you know how to stereo pair, where will you listen out loud?