The Button Formerly Known as “Mute”
Software Update 4.2 – Faster Access to Your Music with New Button Functionality
From the second you step foot in the door, playing your favorite music should be as mindlessly easy as taking off your shoes and setting down your keys. That means having the flexibility to control it from your phone, tablet or computer…but let’s say your Sonos speaker is closer to you. Why shouldn’t you be able to just walk up and play your music with the push of a button?
Giving you faster access to all your favorite music does not stop with continuing to improve the Sonos Controller apps on your phone and tablet. Sonos is committed to a promise of making your experience better over time. You asked. We listened.
The mute button on all Sonos players* now serves multiple functions. Here’s how it works:
- Play and pause with one touch: Your music is on, but you have to head to work. Push the button once to pause it. Press it again to resume it right when you get home.
- Ready for the next track? Press it twice quickly to skip to the next song in the queue or on your Pandora station.
- Just want to mute? Press and hold the volume down button to mute a single speaker.
Download the newest Sonos update by going to System Settings-> Check for Updates.
Also with today’s update, Sonos owners can take advantage of the following:
- Support for the all-new, compact and powerful PLAY:1. Learn more: www.sonos.com/play1
- Support for more than one household – easily switch between different locations with Sonos (e.g. your home and the office or a friend’s home). Your Sonos Controller apps will remember once you connect, so you won’t be required to reconnect in the future.
- Star your favorite tracks on Spotify within the Sonos Controller app to easily retrieve it for playback later.
- Share straight from within the Sonos Controller for iPhone and iPad to Facebook, Twitter or any other natively supported app.
For more information about Software Update 4.2, visit: http://www.sonos.com/software/release/4.2