New Sonos Software Update Enhances Spotify & Sonos Playlists

Posted on May 29th, 2013 by Sonos Staff in News, Products, Worldwide

Loving music is at the soul of Sonos. It drives everything we do. We continually strive to bring you the all the music on earth faster, and easier.

And we’ve done just that with our latest Sonos software update.

Sonos customers who use Spotify can now view playlist folders from within the Sonos app. You and your friends can add, edit, and continually update your playlists.

This update is about more than just Spotify playlists. New Sonos Software v 4.1 also makes it easier to create Sonos playlists across the Sonos Controller. Now you can create playlists selecting tracks from multiple music sources. Learn more.

Download the newest Sonos update by going to System Settings > Check for Updates.

Posted on May 29th, 2013 by Sonos Staff in News, Products, Worldwide

33 Responses to “New Sonos Software Update Enhances Spotify & Sonos Playlists”

Taylor LevesqueMay 29th, 2013 at 11:46 am

What about Google Music, or an app on android that doesn’t look like a cheap iOS report.

Peters ErikJuly 12th, 2013 at 12:21 pm

Please please please. Give us Spotify radio. Had Last.FM before but they discontinued there service in Belgium. Now I got no radio anymore that I really like on my Sonos and really loves my spotify premium radio. So again, please please please add Spotify radio to Sonos.

Elin TibergAugust 1st, 2013 at 7:01 am

I’d like to be able to transfer my newly created playlist from Sonos Spotify queue to show in my ‘normal’ Spotify app and play at work. How?

Sonos Support TeamAugust 6th, 2013 at 12:30 pm

Hi Elin,

That’s a great suggestion, thanks for sharing. At the moment, it’s possible to add individual tracks from Spotify to your Spotify playlists using Sonos (such as when browsing through Spotify on a Sonos Controller) but not multiple items.

We encourage you to share your idea with the Sonos community at so others can vote on it and add their support.

SnowieAugust 18th, 2013 at 1:22 am

Would be great to be able to select a Now Playing TuneIn track description and have Sonos do a Spotify search and playlist add.

JensSeptember 15th, 2013 at 7:18 am

One more vote for spotify radio on Sonos! I listen to spotify radio in my car all the time as it beats any Sirius satellite radio any day – also on price.
And it would be so great if Spotify radio then also would work on Sonos as it eliminates the trouble of making a playlist for any party…

Matt BaileySeptember 26th, 2013 at 10:09 am

Discovering music on Spotify is a huge part of its value as a service. This is almost completely removed when using it through Sonos. There is no way to search by genre, see what my friends are listening to, or receive recommendations based on my listening habits…and of course no automated playlists (Spotify Radio), which is at the heart of the way people listen to music currently. I love my Sonos system, but there must be a way to integrate more of the native features the platforms it interfaces with offer.

Lisa WistDecember 5th, 2013 at 1:27 pm

Also searching for “Spotify radio on Sonos” and came up with comments for this post. Spotify Radio please. I just upgraded my Spotify account from the $5/mo to $10/mo in order to use with my new Sonos speakers, and now disappointed there’s no way to tune into Spotify Radio with them.

CarlosFebruary 16th, 2014 at 3:08 pm

Anything yet from a Sonos representative to add Spotify radio support? Radio silence can’t be good – no pun intended.

MaxJune 20th, 2014 at 2:03 am

Please add Spotify radio! This would be a massive improvement to the already great Sonos offering!