Our New Sonos App is Here: Six Things to Try Today
Play and control all the music imaginable from one easy-to-use app.
From the beginning, we’ve been focused on creating the best possible experience with music in the home. With software at our core, we build products that we can easily adapt, so we can bring you more from Sonos the longer you have it. It gives us the ability to continuously bring you new services like recent additions – Google Play Music, MLB, Beats Music and Shuffler.fm. It allows us to enhance the functionality of your speakers instantaneously, like the button formerly known as mute. And most of all, it is the reason we can keep bringing you closer to all the music imaginable in pure HiFi sound, with easy, intuitive control throughout your home.
The new Sonos app is now available for iOS and Android devices*. First introduced in March, it applies over a decade of learning and was designed to help drive your music listening experience at home for the years to come. It brings a refreshed interface that makes it easier to make the most of a breadth of features – both new and some you may not have tried yet. Here are the six things to try on the new Sonos app today.
- World’s Most Popular Streaming Music Services: Explore 38 (and counting) music streaming services worldwide, including many that offer a free experience on Sonos like Songza, Hype Machine, Pandora, Google Play and Shuffler.fm. Select Add Music Services from the Menu.
- Universal Search: Only Sonos offers one window to quickly search across all your music services. Start typing an artist and discover their new album, radio station and more. Search for a track and discover all the versions across services including live performances, remixes and covers. Click the search icon in the top right corner of the Menu.
- Now Playing Shortcuts: Enjoy simple one-touch control from the Now Playing screen. Touch the info button to add tracks to playlists, save to favorites and more. Easily turn on shuffle, repeat, cross-fade or set timers at the bottom of the Now Playing window.
- Playlists: Bring your favorite music together across sources, blend tracks from Beats Music, Spotify and your iTunes library – all into the same playlists. Easily add to your playlists from selecting track info in the Now Playing screen and manage them from the Menu.
- Alarms: Wake up to the music you love and schedule it to come on automatically whenever you want and wherever you want, like when you get home from work. From the bottom of the menu screen, set multiple alarms on as many speakers as you like.
- Rooms: It’s easier than ever to control all the rooms in your home from a single touch in the new app. Play different music in each room or group them to play the same song simultaneously. Tap the top right corner from the Now Playing screen.
*The new app runs Sonos version 5.0 and is compatible with iOS6 and above, and Android 2.1 and above. For details on future Sonos software compatibility for devices using iOS5 or older, more details can be found here.