Baseball for all: Listen to MLB games on Sonos

Posted on April 5th, 2012 by Sonos Staff in News, Products

MLB on SiriusXM

Update: It’s official! SiriusXM subscribers can now tune into live games on Sonos. Queue up channel 934 for all the action.

Great news for Sonos owners: SiriusXM Radio has announced a multi-year agreement with MLB Advanced Media, the interactive media and Internet company of Major League Baseball, becoming the Official Internet Radio Partner of That means SiriusXM subscribers will be able to stream live radio broadcasts of every Major League Baseball game on Sonos.

Starting in early May, listeners can tune in to all regular season games, as well as the All-Star Game and every Postseason game.  Spring Training games will be available starting next year. Check out the full schedule to find game times for your favorite teams.

Posted on April 5th, 2012 by Sonos Staff in News, Products

21 Responses to “Baseball for all: Listen to MLB games on Sonos”

BrianApril 8th, 2012 at 4:52 am

When I access the sonos app and go to sports play by play it’s all nfl channels on Sirius. This is the most recent update – how do I get the baseball streams? I have no problem accessing them on the Sirius app…

I must be missing something obvious.

SonosApril 9th, 2012 at 11:19 am

Hi Brian – You should be able to access all MLB coverage on Channel 209. If that’s not showing up, please give our support team a shout.

MichelleApril 14th, 2012 at 2:15 pm

I pay for an account directly, I don’t have Sirius.  Seems like I should be able to stream from  How can I do that?

parkerApril 16th, 2012 at 7:45 am

I am still unable to see any MLB stations under Play-By-Play stations?  Is an update required or something?

I emailed Sonos two days ago and got a message back telling me that you cannot listen to MLB on sonos.

JudithApril 16th, 2012 at 3:29 pm

I agree with you completely, Michelle.  I have no interest in subscribing to Sirius.  I think this is a major flaw in the Sonos system.

SonosApril 16th, 2012 at 5:44 pm

Not all games are available on Sonos yet, but the MLB station 209 should show up under sports on SiriusXM. If it does not, please contact support.

MichelleApril 17th, 2012 at 5:57 am

Seems like if one pay for an internet service, like, it wouldn’t need a partnership for Sonos.  I already pay Why is it not just a matter of me logging in to with my id and then streaming it through your speakers.  Either way, your headline is very misleading.

parker.April 17th, 2012 at 8:49 am

I dont see how to tune into station 209. I see MLB Network Radio which appears to be station 89.

This is unfortunate that sonos acts like they now have mlb games if you have a siriusxm subscription, since you are only offering a few random games.

SonosApril 17th, 2012 at 8:58 am

We see MLB Network Radio as channel 209 under SiriusXM > Sports. All games are expected to be available on Sonos in May. Unfortunately, the original announcement we received on the programming had inaccurate information in it, and this article was posted too early as a result.

SonosMay 1st, 2012 at 1:15 pm

We expect to see the additions by next week. We’ll make an announcement once the full programming is available.

Roadbiker_2May 26th, 2012 at 2:59 pm

I would like access to as well.  See what you can do to get this as an application.  Thanks.

Willem KulingMay 6th, 2013 at 10:29 am

I live in England and would like to listen to MLB games. Is that possible on SONOS?

Willem KulingMay 6th, 2013 at 1:41 pm

Just tell me when it’s free. I’ll be damned if I’m paying for anything else.

Sonos Support TeamMay 10th, 2013 at 12:20 pm

Thank you for contacting Sonos Support.You cannot access the MLB through the music services available over Sonos in England. If you can find a way to stream the MLB to another device, you can connect that device to the line in source if its available on your Sonos Components. The Sonos Players in your system will then be able to access that line in source. Please see the attached link for more information on using the line in source on Sonos.

Answer Title: Using the Line-In on a Sonos Player
Answer Link:

OwenJune 22nd, 2013 at 12:50 pm

This is absolutely correct, and I would appreciate the mods seriously bringing this to the attention of Sonos. I don’t have to partner with Sirius XM to listen to rdio or Spotify, I just log into my accounts. audio should be no different. Agreed that this headline is terribly misleading, and it’s disappointing that a premium product like the Sonos uses what is essentially a cop-out excuse in partnering with Sirius. I pay for audio, why should I have to pay twice?

The ModerateSeptember 5th, 2014 at 10:35 am

I realize this article is two years old, but I wanted to post a useful link that others might find helpful for getting MLB on their sonos device if they already have an MLB account.

Note: If you don’t have MLB, you’re not ‘getting it for free’ on Sonos. Listening requires a paid subscription to MLB. This is an MLB decision, not Sonos.