Amazon Cloud Player now streaming on Sonos

Posted on August 9th, 2012 by Sonos Staff in News, Products, United States

Looking for a way to get music from the cloud to your couch? Then we’ve got some great news for you. Starting today, Amazon Cloud Player is available on Sonos in the US, giving you access to your music from anywhere in the home–without having to turn on your computer.

The beauty of Amazon Cloud Player is that you can listen to your music, everywhere. Simply import your entire music library to the cloud, and then play it in every room that has Sonos. It’s like having your own personal online storage space–not to mention a safe backup of all your favorite tunes. Browse and search your library, create and manage playlists, stream your music from the cloud to Sonos players all over your home. Start with 250 songs worth of free storage and Amazon MP3 purchases are automatically added for free.  For more details on how to get your music everywhere click here.

Posted on August 9th, 2012 by Sonos Staff in News, Products, United States

33 Responses to “Amazon Cloud Player now streaming on Sonos”

Classwar13August 10th, 2012 at 6:44 am

I tried to add it to Sonos. I already have a cloud player and I registered my Sonos. It’s saying I still have to sign up. What can I do?

Sonos Support TeamAugust 10th, 2012 at 10:34 am

When you get to the part where it asks you to put in a code and you click the link to navigate to, you may have to click “Register another Sonos” and then enter the new code again, even though it sounds like you’ve already done this.  If you continue to experience issues, please contact us by going to

Thanks,Sonos Support

sonosVAAugust 10th, 2012 at 11:45 am

how often/how do i envoke an update to my folder list?  i added new music to Amazon Cloud (it’s music folder) and i’m not seeing it.. .it’s been three hours.

RichAugust 13th, 2012 at 9:42 am

Is this only available in the US, as I didn’t think there was a UK version of Amazon Cloud Player?

SonosAugust 14th, 2012 at 8:04 am

Hi Rich, Thanks for your question. Right now, Songza is only available in US & just launched in Canada. Hopefully they will reach new territories soon.

Sonos Support TeamAugust 14th, 2012 at 11:17 am

You can update the Music Library manually or with automatic daily updates.

Click Manage > Music Library Settings and you will see the Folder(s) that Sonos is currently using. In the Advanced tab, you can set up automatic Library updates every day at a specific time and for an immediate update of the library, just click Manage > Update Music Library Now. The new content will show after a brief re-indexing process.

If you have any other questions, please visit us at

Sonos Support

DanezAugust 21st, 2012 at 11:00 am

That’s also a show stopper for me. I would go an buy sonos, but not until google play music is working with sonos.

MachielAugust 22nd, 2012 at 3:11 am

Great to see a cloud player on Sonos. Will this make it easier to have Google Music on Sonos too? Would make my Sonos system a lot more usefull. Amazon Cloud Player seems good, except US only. So no go for me.

Gaurav VermaDecember 6th, 2012 at 7:40 pm

Hey Bobby, Looks like this has already been requested many times over at the forums. What are you folks doing about this. Amazon cloud player is just killing me. The uploader is terrible and even after uploading there is a big issue in sequencing. Google music is what I need. Right now.

andreas f.January 22nd, 2013 at 9:21 am

@Sonos: I do not get it:

Amazon legally and properly grants me – residing in Germany – access to Amazon Cloud Play.

Sonos offers the technical means to consume Amazon Cloud Play … but still you don’t offer the service in Germany?

Sonos, can you please:

– explain this (the assumed(!) support for ACP was one important reason for me to choose Sonos)

– provide a timeline until which you assume you will be able to offer the service outside the U.S.

– do the same for Google Play ?

– refrain from responding how lovely a feature request you find this and how much you encourage feature requests?

Even though my post may appear to the contrary, but in reality I am an understanding person. If Sonos could simply offer an official statement that this and that were the reasons, and this and that are the actions they are taking to overcome the obstacles, or change their opinion on NOT providing timelines, you’d probably have many more content customers.

AndyApril 5th, 2013 at 4:13 am

Bumpety bump for UK users. Any news Sonos ? I really want to buy a couple of Sonos units but won’t until this works in the UK or you link-up with google play.

srikanthJune 24th, 2014 at 6:54 pm

My IOS App for Sonos does not list Amazon Music songs or playlist, it is still looking for the Old Amazon Cloud player.
any Fix coming up?

marekJune 29th, 2014 at 5:10 am

Dear Sonos Team,
why amazon cloud player on Sonos is not available in Poland? It is now available in UK and Germany but really do not understand why you discriminate Poland and other EU countries?