Also available in:
Every holiday moment in your home has its perfect music match. Whether you’re hosting or a guest at another’s home, our newest features (now available with the Sonos 5.2 software) make it easier than ever to transform your holiday parties and family traditions with music. Try them today along with some of our favorite tips and tricks to make every occasion one to remember.
For the host:
- Curate the mood by adding tracks to the Sonos queue. If playlist building is not your thing, check out Hipster Holidays and Holiday Party Favorites on TuneIn from within your Sonos Controller App.
- Expand your world of music with new services including Deezer Elite in the U.S. and SoundCloud globally. Select “Add Music Services” to explore from more than 50 partners worldwide.
- Have a house full of Spotify or Pandora accounts? Add them all. We now offer multi-account support across services, so everyone in the family can pull from their favorite tracks, albums, and preferences within their individual subscriptions.
- Before the credits roll on that holiday classic, switch over to the film’s soundtrack. Remember the PLAYBAR leads a double life – amazing sound for your music and for your TV. Plus, the PLAYBAR just got even better today through software with enhanced sound for your music.
- If your phone isn’t nearby and the playlist took a wrong turn, never fear. Quickly save the party with a double tap of the Play/Pause button (formerly mute) on any Sonos speaker to move on to the next song.
For the guest:
- As soon as you walk in the host’s door, download the Sonos Controller App on your iOS or Android device and connect to the WiFi network to join in.
- BYOM – Bring Your Own Music. Your personal playlists and music preferences don’t have to stay behind. With today’s release, multi-account support allows you to add up to 32 different streaming accounts to the system. Simply select “Add Music Services” from your host’s home menu to get started.
- The tracks stored on your mobile device are also fair game. Search across all your music sources in one place.
For the kid’s table:
- Include some music-infused games in the night’s agenda. Freeze dance is sure to get the kids moving (and adults, too). While the music is playing, press the pause icon on your Sonos controller. The last person to freeze in place loses. Repeat until there is one dancer left. Reward accordingly.
- For the early-to-sleep: set your Sonos speakers in the bedroom or nursery to “White Noise for Deep Sleep” on Spotify to tune out the celebration on the other side of the door.
With new features and services coming to you through software updates, there’s always more to discover with your Sonos. Update your system to Sonos 5.2 today. For more information, visit: http://www.sonos.com/software/release/5-2